Call for Contributions (pdf-version)
We invite you to contribute to the stream “Agent-based models in management, economic and organization sciences“ to be held at the EURO 33rd Annual Conference.
In recent years, the applications of simulation as a research method in management, economic and organization sciences have gained attraction. Simulation is a powerful method to examine complex and emergent phenomena that incorporate a multitude of interrelated issues. Since manifold interacting issues lead to intractable dimensions in analytical modelling and are particularly difficult to control in empirical research, simulation offers the potential to overcome the drawbacks and serve as a complement to these research methods. We encourage contributions that reflect the application of simulation methodology to research questions in business and economics.
Topics of interest are (but not limited to):
- Algorithmic management: Optimizing management with cutting-edge algorithms
- Collaborative organizing and bottom-up organizational dynamics
- Microeconomics ABMs: emergence of market structure, ABM approach to game theory
- Macroeconomic ABMs: crises, growth, business fluctuations, climate change, sustainability
- Decoding human behavior through modeling
- Collective intelligence and group decision making
- Innovative mixed methods for ABM
- Ensuring transparency and reproducibility in ABM
- Assessing the robustness of ABMs
- Pioneering new solutions with innovative ABM approaches
The Conference venue will held in Copenhagen, Denmark. Details on the conference venue can be found here.
Please submit your abstract (no more than 1.500 characters, no formulas or mathematical notations) via the abstract submission page. Detailed information on the submission process can be found there. Each attendee is allowed to present one paper at the conference.
To submit your work, select “abstract in organized session” and use the session code 90b917a3.
Submission deadline: March 3, 2024
Early bird registration: March 24, 2024
Author registration: April 21, 2024
Conference homepage: euro2024cph.dk
Abstract submission page: https://www.euro-online.org/conf/euro33/
Download the call for contributions here.